- 02-Jan-2017 to 24-Jan-2017 (PST)
- R&D - Optical
- Orofino, ID, USA
- Competitive, DOE
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package, include M/D/V, 401k and Life/Accident Insurances
About Nightforce Optics
Nightforce Optics is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium sport optics products, including riflescopes, spotting scopes and accessories. Known for its rugged products designed for use in punishing conditions, Nightforce is the industry benchmark for high-quality, high-performance products. Nightforce Optics, Inc., was established in 1992 with one goal in mind: to build the finest riflescopes on the market. The same qualities that have made Nightforce the choice of professionals have now created a dedicated following among hunters and serious shooters.
Note: All job offers are contingent on passing pre-employment requirements, including a drug screen and criminal background check.
This position is responsible for optical assembly quality control and procedures in a production environment. Must possess the ability to apply the following: Basic lens design, optical testing & metrology, optical test equipment development and design, inspection and quality control, new product process development, and existing product process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Optical Engineering, Physics or related field
- 2 or more years' experience in hands-on optical assembly production desired
- Experience using optical laboratory spectroradiometers, autocollimators, and interferometers
- Experience designing optical test set-ups for specific applications
- Tolerance analysis of optical and opto-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with basic electro-optical and opto-mechanical interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO and MIL optical specifications
- Document of optical components for fabrication
- Familiarity with thin film coatings used for anti-reflection, wavelength selection, band-pass applications, and polarization
- Prototype optical design, fabrication, and testing for moderately complex systems
- Self-motivated to resolve problems in creative ways, researching new technologies and standards
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills for generation of procedural documents and reports
- Working knowledge in requirements management and system/design changes or implementation
- Must be comfortable using verbal communication skills for team-oriented projects and presentations
- Proficient working knowledge of lens centration/positioning methods for high shock environment
- Prior experience working with variable magnification afocal systems
- Proficient with interferometric measurement methods
- Experience working with MTF measurements and visual resolution testing
- Previous experience using Zemax and Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with various optical cements and bonding agents in a production environment
- Excellent communication skills for working with outside vendors, presentations, and reports
- Lens design experience for visual systems a plus
- Contribute expertise to and learn from the R&D group
- Develop new model standard operational procedure documents for pre-production products
- Identify production inefficiencies. Work with appropriate departments/vendors for solutions
- Work with Quality Control Group to identify any optical manufacturing errors and have them corrected as quickly as possible
- Design optical test equipment including design files, bill of materials, assembly/operating procedures, testing, and inspection criteria, etc.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure proper fit, form, and function using 3D models, drawings, etc.
- Work directly with prototype shops ensuring timely delivery of prototypes to verify new designs
- Serve as technical correspondent to materials making sure product details are successfully communicated to vendors
- Ensure vendors comply with specifications and are approved prior to manufacturing per organizational guidelines
- Work with vendors when a design or process request is made
- Manage modifications to all design files and documentation
- Task status is regularly and formally communicated to project teams
- Ensure changes follow the ECO process and are documented appropriately
- Provide feedback to design engineers on production problems and needs
- Conduct research that tests and analyses the feasibility, design, operation and performance of test equipment, components, and systems
- Recommend design modification to eliminate quality issues
- Define methodology and present proposals for process improvements
- Detail process design improvements to relevant US standards
- Manage procurement of equipment, assembly jigs and fixtures
- Prepare information for quotes for new test product and product parts
- Plan & manage projects within acceptable time frames
- Contribute to cost down projects
- Other associated duties, as required
Nightforce Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
For more information about our company and our products, please go to http://nightforceoptics.com/.